80/20 Life

“Live a healthy lifestyle, it’s fun!”

How many times have you heard that? And how many times have you rolled your eyes?

Eating healthy is usually thought of as eating nothing but asparagus and chicken breast; and when it comes to exercise, you usually think of the exercise you hate the most.

But, it truly does not have to be this way. Living a healthy lifestyle is fun because it allows you to be your best self. When you treat yourself with love, you will project love on other people.

Incorporating the 80/20 rule into your life will change it for the better! The 80/20 rule is something we live by: eating healthy and exercising 80% of the time.

Most important thing to know? Indulging in a slice of chocolate cake is okay every once in a while–the other 20% of the time.

Eating healthy is delicious and does not mean strictly asparagus and chicken breast. It means full flavor meals with fruits, vegetables, meats, herbs, and spices for powerful, nutrient-dense fuel for your body. It means cooking with flavor and color. Delicious, flavorful fuel for your body 80% of the time, and indulging in your favorite foods the other 20% of the time.

On the other hand, working out does not mean running on the treadmill for an hour, hating every second of it. There are so many different ways to move, and it’s important to find one or a few that you love. It could be lifting, hiking, yoga, barre, Zumba, and so many more. Go out and try many different activities until you fall in love with one!

For us, living a healthy 80/20 lifestyle is built by menu planning and meal prepping, so meals are fresh and nutrient-dense on a regular basis. It’s built by scheduling in regular exercise so moving is just part of how you live your life. For example, instead of grabbing coffee with a friend, you could ask if they wanted to go for a walk. You’re exercising and saving money!

Living a healthy lifestyle does not mean you have to give up all the “bad” things you enjoy, like never eating a chocolate chip cookie again. Living a healthy lifestyle is not a diet and it does not require you to be a gym rat. There’s balance in an 80/20 healthy lifestyle. Yes, there are healthy habits you have to incorporate that may not be in place now, but there’s also room to enjoy life, and feel amazing while you’re doing it.

We want to encourage you that you CAN live a healthy lifestyle–it’s doable and it is fun!

Posted in

Web Support

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe



Want to know more?

Let us reach out to you to answer any questions you might have. What's the best way to contact you?

15585